Bear Grylls always makes me think of a more adventurous self. He does so many things that I would like to do too. Perhaps one day I will commit myself to do them but in the mean time, I take mentorship from his approach to life and his beliefs and share some of his quotes about life from a book I recently read – A Survival Guide for Life.
Who is Bear Grylls?
From his website we can get a glimpse at who this man is.
Bear Grylls has become known around the world as one of the most recognized faces of survival and outdoor adventure. His journey to this acclaim started in the UK on the Isle of Wight, where his late father taught him to climb and sail. Trained from a young age in martial arts, Bear went on to spend three years as a soldier in the British Special Forces, serving with 21 SAS. It was here that he perfected many of the skills that his fans all over the world enjoy watching him pit against mother-nature.
Despite a free-fall parachuting accident in Africa, where he broke his back in three places, and after enduring months in military rehabilitation, Bear went on to become one of the youngest ever climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
Bear went on to star in the Channel 4 series: Escape to the Legion and seven series of the Discovery Channel’s Emmy nominated TV show Man Vs Wild and Born Survivor, which has become one of the most watched shows on the planet, reaching an estimated 1.2 billion viewers. Off screen, Bear has lead record-breaking expeditions, from Antarctica to the Arctic, which in turn have raised over $2.5million for children around the world. In recognition for his expertise and service, Bear was appointed as the youngest ever Chief Scout to over half a million scouts in the UK, was awarded an honorary commission as a Lieutenant-Commander in the Royal Navy and as a Lieutenant-Colonel in the notoriously tough Royal Marines Commandos. He has authored 15 books, including the No 1 Bestseller: Mud Sweat & Tears which was voted the most influential book in China for 2012. Other titles include: True Grit, A Survival Guide For Life, Born Survivor, Living Wild, Great Outdoor Adventures, Facing Up, Facing the Frozen Ocean, To My Sons and seven children’s fiction novels titled Mission: Survival.
Life is always an adventure with this man! Let’s not keep waiting and start diving into the quotes about life from this mentor of mine.
Quotes About Life from “A Survival Guide for Life” – Bear Grylls
- “It’s almost always better, especially in the early stages, to say yes and to try something, rather than saying no because you fear where a yes will take you.”
- “Attitude is king and the greatest resource we have is inside of us all. Pack the right skills, and the right attitudes, and you don’t need much else.”
- “The past is history, the future a mystery but the ‘now’ is a gift – that’s why we call it the Present.”
- “Our real success is measured by how we touch and enrich people’s lives – the difference we can make to those who would least expect it, to those the world looks over.”
- “Having a big goal is the easy bit. The part that separates the many from the few is how willing you are to go through the pain. How able you are to hold on and to keep going when it is tough.”
- “Once you commit to your goal, don’t get swayed by the temporary lure of creature comforts and easy feelings – instead, keep focused, and remember the pain never lasts for ever, but the pride in having followed your calling will.”
- “When we give up, we know our destiny. When we keep going, we earn the right to choose our fate.”
- “Ensure that you treat money as a resource given to you to allow you to improve your life and those you have the power to touch around you . Always use it accordingly.”
I find these truly inspiring quotes about life and there would be so many more in this great and easy to read book. I hope you find these as useful and inspiring as I did.
What quotes best resonates with you? Let me know in the chat below.
Wish you a great day
You found useful information! Share it on social media. I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below. and will be glad to answer any questions on the comment box. wish you a wonderful day!